Sunset in Coron

Sunset in Coron
Coron, Palawan

Saturday, December 10, 2011

A World Class Christmas

I had a wonderful lunch at the Christmas party of Rajah Travel today. 


Fritzie invited me the week before to let me know that I was on the guest list. I wondered who else she had invited. Apparently she had invited Dustin who unfortunately, could not make it to the event. He's busy moving to Antipolo at the moment. On Christmas time, that's a big move!


I was a little late for the luncheon as I had woken up late. Too bad I missed the Mass. But I was just in time for the festivities to start. Everybody, it seemed, had become restless to get on with the program. What I had seen was Rajah Travels' employees letting their hair down. I didn't know there was a theme so I wasn't expecting anything; which was good! Everyone was in costume since the theme was a World-Class Christmas! World class it was...door prizes to the raffle included weekend stays in Vietnam, HK, Singapore, Macau... and I could go on and on...


I was ushered to table 21 with Rajah Travel's workers in their Manila branch. I didn't know any of them as I had often worked with the Makati staff with Fritzie. I didn't feel left out, though. They made me feel welcome. Fritzie and Jojo Santos were there to see if I was comfy even if alone... I was ok... I was having a blast just snapping photos.


I had to make my leave a little after lunch, though. I had another item on my agenda. I had to catch a matinee of Ballet Philippines' Sleeping Beauty. But it goes without saying that I had fun watching the parade of costumes that required the contestants to dance the Doughie to elicit audience impact. I never did find out who won. The costumes did impress me too. One young lady had an elaborate headdress that  required her to bend her knees to avoid the piece from hitting the top of the door.


Of course, it was also the best excuse to come in drag... That hikes it up a notch!


Thanks for the invite, Fritzie and Jojo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment