Sunset in Coron

Sunset in Coron
Coron, Palawan

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Virtual Fatlak

Today 21, December, 2011 marks a special day for Come Visit My Philippines. Today is the grand eyeball of the members who can make the trip to Josephine's Tagaytay. I would've gone except I have a gazillion things to do.

I'll be working till the 24th. I have a tour of Intramuros with French guests. But I digress...

For those of us who were not as fortunate to be at the event luckily, there was the live-streaming which allowed us to follow the goings-on from wherever we are. There was a lot of good cheer all around as I witnessed it on the net. Some participants were downright funny. Some were funny and talented.

Highlight of the potluck was the turn-over of the coffee-table book published by Ms. Bessie Badilla to DOT secretary Ramon Jimenez who graced the occasion. Can it get any better than this? As I gauge it, the "fatlak" was a huge success both online and onsite.

By the time lunch came around I could hear a lot of jeering from the audience. One watching on the net could only wonder what the ruckus was all about. Obviously there were other things happening on the sidelines which we were not privy to.

Those of us who were in our homes did go to the group page where we tried to check out the posts. I got to see Ms Lili's post and subscribed to her blogsite. Meantime, others were trying to find the link to the live-streaming.last time I checked there were around 72 who were viewing the event. It fluctuated from time to time specially when the feed would go off the air. But all in all the feed went rather smoothly.

Well, if things go as energetically as it does on the CVMP page... I'd say there's another Fatlak coming up soon... Hopefully, I can make it next time... Wishing ba? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment