Sunset in Coron

Sunset in Coron
Coron, Palawan

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Reaping Rewards

Some network providers extend an extra courtesy to their loyal subscribers. They provide them with new phones. after a lock in period of two years. It works two ways, actually. The subscriber gets a new phone that he may be longing to have or something that he aspires for.  The network on the other hand is assured of a lock-in period of two years, by which the phhone is duly paid for in two years time.


I was given a new LG e-400 phone which is sleek and stylish.It has a capacitive screen that is easily reactive to hand swipes. Handily, it fits my handbag slot as well as my hand. I got a stylus for it as well as a protective screen which should keep it looking like new.

After a few days of use, I noticed a fine line on the screen running horizontally near the top. I had to do something about it. I first went to the LG shop in Greenbelt only to find it closed for renovations. I had to go back to the Sunshop in Cash and Carry. The best they could do was refer me to another LG shop in MOA.


Off to Mall of Asia I went to have my phone fixed. The Technician wasn't there yet and while waiting I decided to have lunch at Okuya on the Food Center on the second floor. I had a bento of fried fish and bean sprouts and garnished with tofu in soy sauce.I twas filling and well seasoned. I would have wanted to eat some more but it was nearly one p.m. so I headed back to the LG store and had my phone fixed. I was told that they will call me when they have my phone repaired.

I spent the afternoon taking snapshots of the Mall of Asia with my camera and when it started to rain, I decided to head home. A fewdays later, I got a call from thje LG store that they had my phone repaired. I went back and got the hpone and as an added bonus, the techie updated my OS and added a few apps for my benefit. So now I am using my phone and enjoying its new features. I just have to bring it back in three month's time for another upgrade.

For three months now, I've been having trouble getting on the web with my wifi....Endless calls to the call center and and complaints to the customer service representative plus two re-configurations on my modem were no help. I had to bring over to the Sunshop in Robinson's Manila. Thankfully, the service representative had the initiative to inform me that my modem was still under warranty and she gave me a receipt to sign. She then informed me that they will call once the modem returns from the shop.The unit either gets repaired or changed. I hope I get this week though... I've been missing being online...

No comments:

Post a Comment