Sunset in Coron

Sunset in Coron
Coron, Palawan

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Homecomings

Two of my friends came home. One of them for good! Every time a friend arrives for a visit those of us who live here make it a point to get together and catch up on things. Marichi and I have been Facebook friends despite the distance. We haven't seen each other  in 23 years. So, no small wonder why we should at least meet for lunch and make the most of her limited time in the Philippines. Some of my college "barkada" took time out to be with us as well.



For lunch on day1, we met at the Cafe Adriatico in Gateway.
Cubao has become so much more accessible now that the Metro Railway passes right by it. I used to dread going there via public conveyance. I still do during rush hour... but the MRT
station is a god-send. I was there an hour of the appointed time. Yeah it was raining and was I glad that the MRT was there to take me to the cafe.






Minutes later, everyone started arriving and there was much to be delighted about. I did have fun seeing old friends who seem like they never aged a bit since college. Except we're wiser now! I did enjoy the ever-reliable menu that Cafe Adriatico had to offer. I was having too much fun snapping photos and chatting with my friends that i forgot about taking snapshots of the food.

There was just too much cheer to go around the food was a mere footnote to the merriment. I did have a pair of empanadas at Cafe Adriatico and then as I was hungry, had a plate of linguinni with marinara sauce.I was toofull to have some dessert so we decided to meet again the next day for dinner. 
Day 2

We made an agreement to meet at EDSA ShangriLa at six p.m. I was there by around three as my errand had finished early so I went re-discovering the little shops in the mall... This time, I drooled over some cocktail rings which I vowed I was gonna save up for.

The appointed restaurant was Cyma. I did take photos of the food this time. However, since my wifi and laptop aren't working properly, I will not be able to upload the rest of the photos.Suffice it to say that Chef Robbie Goco's take on mediterranean food was tasty and well-portioned. My watercress salad with feta cheese dressing was fresh and crunchy. The saltiness of the feta was perfect to my taste buds. My friend Emma found her pulled lamb sandwich a little too salty but she managed to finish up her meal with Gemma's help.Marichi had salad which she had shared with Gemma and Mael and a bowl of mussels.

We ate every morsel and Mael's cocktail habit had the group trekking to the nearby EDSA Shangri-la hotel's lounge where we had some drinks. Marichi had a concoction of lemon-lime mixed with Angustura bitters. I tried it and liked thedrink as it was non-alcoholic. We started loosening upwhen Marichi used her IPhone to hike up the music with our seventies anthems.

The party only broke up as we realized that our friend was parked at the mall and she had to beat the clockto get to it before closing hours. As we said our goodbyes, we hugged each other with the promise that we'll see each other again in the near future and do another evening on the town... the next one should e a blast as well.

As I close this article I'm wondering what went wrong with my modem. It used to work fine until a few months ago when it showed signs of slowing down and then finally, it got to a point where I couldn't get on the web anymore. Now I have a promise from Suncellular that they'll get back to me as soon as my modem gets fixed. What a relief! This article is waaaayyy overdue...

No comments:

Post a Comment