Sunset in Coron

Sunset in Coron
Coron, Palawan

Thursday, April 16, 2015

COSPLAY CONVENTION


Once in a while I find myself at the right place at the right time. I was at the Robinson's Place Ermita after Sunday Mass last week. After walking around the mall, I chanced upon a gathering at the Pedro Gil activity center wing where a huge crowd had begun to assemble.



As it turns out, there was a Cosplay Convention on that weekend. For those of you who have no idea what cosplay is, it's an activity where the participants come in costume dressed as their favorite anime character.



It's a new preoccupation of the youth these days where Japanese characters come to life via fans who spare no expense at imitating dark characters of cartoons with superpowers. I'm not all too familiar with some of the characters but some of them look really outlandish. Some have the weirdest faces one could ever imagine... and the youth like that!?! Though I may not totally understand why some of them would want to look that way... I do get it... somewhat...



All manner of costumes abound. All sorts of weapons were brandished. All the colors of the rainbow were evident in their wigs. I'm posting all the photos I took with my camera phone and you, dear readers, get to judge which one looks the most absurd/menacing/out of this world. Oh, you get to choose the adjective to describe it too.



I wasn't the only one ogling at the participants, There were mall goers who went around having selfies taken to which the costumed guests gladly obliged. That was a fun afternoon!!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment