Sunset in Coron

Sunset in Coron
Coron, Palawan

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Transitions

I've been waiting for my new ID from the Department of Tourism. It has taken me a full two months of waiting. Yes, it's admirable that the department is going paperless with their re-accreditation process... but must they ask the same questions year in and year out? So while I'm waiting for my new ID I try my best to take guests to destinations. For one, I have to earn a living. I have to make hay while the sun shines. One other thing, I don't want to waste an opportunity.

So while I'm waiting, I consider myself in transition. I'm guiding guests because technically, I've already applied for accreditation. I would just love to brag about some high profile guests but then, I'm equivocating on whether I should at all be guiding while my accreditation is in process. I have to check on the status of my accreditation while I'm online. And with a wi-fi that's as unpredictable as the monsoon rains (no thanks to Suncellular), I have to make the most out of its inconsistent signal and do everything when I finally get connected. Bummer!

So while I'm "idle", I take photos and occupy myself with the things I'm passionate about. While waiting for one party, I suddenly had the urge to take snapshots of San Agustin church. Incidentally, It's St. Augustin's feast day today, 28 August, while his mother St. Monica's was yesterday. And as we toured a close-knit, wealthy family that shall remain nameless on this blog for security reasons, our accreditation has not been completed.

I'm also working on a ballet production of Neo-Filipino for Ballet Philippines. The title is Anting. I'm not about to tell you the plot of the ballet. But I can say this much... the libretto is by Tony Perez. That alone should be interesting. Anting is a  four-part ballet done by four avant-garde choreographers; some of whom I've danced with in my dancing days. So, I'm usually at the CCP when I'm free.

And then to relax, I finally got to watch the volleyball games of Shakey's V League. Now that the tournament is happening at the Rizal Memorial Ninoy Aquino Stadium, I simply have no excuse to not at least watch one game. Apparently, the audience rush is addictive. I would go in for one game and I end up watching three. For a hundred and fifty peso ticket, I think it's worth it. I enjoy a good game of volleyball! What a pity, people don't come into the stadium in droves until the finals round happens which is a few weeks from now.

Of all the teams, only Ateneo does not have a guest player. The guest players are mostly Thai nationals. Boy, can they pack a wallop! I am amazed at their energy levels. It's also nice to see the UAAP girls who have graduated and signed up by competing teams. The Philippine Army team has the most number of effective players. The Philippine Navy team has the more rubinesque ones. It's still fun to watch them play, though.

Meantime, I get to sleep late because my wi-fi only partially works at odd hours of the day. I wonder how many more complaints I have to file for Suncellular to improve their service. With their slow connection I don't feel I'm in transition... What I am is in LIMBO!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment