Sunset in Coron

Sunset in Coron
Coron, Palawan

Monday, October 17, 2011

Jojo's B-day at Yakimix

It seems I've been bingeing every weekend now... Last Saturday, I got a text message from Sarita reminding me about lunch... I immediately called up Mudra and said I was just getting ready and would be on my way to his house in about half an hour. Apparently, Sarita had decided we would have lunch at Yakimix on the third level in Greenbelt 4. We left Mudra's house by 11:00am and took a cab to the designated restaurant by half past the hour.


Yakimix is a buffet style restaurant that serves Japanese food. The place is well-appointed with 4 food stations: sushi, dessert, salad and entree. It's a modern japanese style set-up with misono tables on each table. It is well-equipped for large groups and families who get together over lunch or dinner to savor the varied  mix of ingredients. Sarita was already seated when we came in and Fides was the last to arrive as she had come all the way from Quezon City.


Jojo and Mudra were the first to check out the sushi station while Sarita and I continued chatting over recent goings-on in her household. When Mudra cam back his late had potato balls and tamago and all sorts of sushi  one could ever dream of.


I came back with salmon belly sushi, dynamite sushi, black sesame seed sushi, california maki, kani maki, kani rolls, ikura sushi and salmon sashimi. Needless to say, I had seconds after I had totally devoured the contents of my plate. 

Mudra next went to the entree and got a plate loaded with chicken an pork on sticks, bacon wrapped chicken slivers, gizzard and some bits of pork belly marinated in asian seasoning and started to fire up the misono.

I had two styles of pork belly marinated in : teriyaki and sesame oil. I also had fillets of milkfish slices of chorizo more alsmon belly sushi and salmon sashimi and green beans stir fried in chilli/garlic with minced pork.


I also had straw mushrooms tied up with bacon strips, some bacon strips and pork sate which went directly to the oven hot misono grill. I relished every morsel of it. Unfortunately, the tempura was almost immediately consumed before I even got to the station to have a taste. Other diners often beat us to it as we were a bit distant from the food stations.  Nonetheless, we all had our fill.


I was searching around for fruit salad in the attempt to get some fiber into my meal. I had gorged on fish and meat all through lunch but since I found none in the dessert station, I settled for good old reliable leche flan. No... I didn't get just one piece of course...silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment